Saturday 5 January 2013

Mad for Salads

Hi readers. It's been some time since I have updated with my eatings, but Blogspot decided to start charging me for my account, and after some deep thought, I decided the joy I get out of this blog is worth the $3 a month.

I have been back in Australia for exactly two months now, and it has been a difficult return from the frosty grey land I fell in love with. But as I must stay here, I will enveavour to enjoy it as much as I can, and eat all the things I didn't whilst away.

I have been noticing as I swelter in 30+ degree heat that I continually crave fresh, cool foods. Salads top the list as my most eaten foods, (also an easy choice when avoiding gluten.)

Tonight's dinner was a sauteed potato, mushroom, chicken and almond salad.

I started by slicing and sauteing some new potatoes with salt, pepper, dried rosemary and olive oil.

This is the first time I have sauteed tatties, but not the first time I have eaten them. I have fallen in love with them over the last year and I really think that take tatties to a new dimension of flavour.

I had a couple of lads that were very interested in what was going on in the kitchen.

While the tatties were on, I shredded some chicken and grabbed a handful of roasted almonds, quartered some button mushrooms and the plate of leftover lettuce and tomato from last nights' tacos.

Then when the tatties were very close to being done, I threw the mushroom, chicken and almonds in the pan, made a nest with the lettuce, then assembled and topped with a dollop of sour cream.



It was such a beautiful and filling dinner.

I am slowly learning to forget everything I ever thought I knew about salads. I am adding everything I can find and it's a wonderfully exciting and feel-good way of eating.


I'm sure more salad posts will follow.


Also Happy New Year, let's seem what 2013 brings to my mouth and stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment