Saturday 5 January 2013

KFC Double

This, my friends, is the KFC Double, or Double Down as it is known in the States.

A controversial meatwich that called in Michael 'Slats' Slater (Australian Cricket legend) and the Good Chartlotte twins (apparently vegetarians and PETA activists, if Google can be believed) for a feel good summer campaign.

Controversy aside, since the moment I saw this (I was overseas the first time it came out) I have wanted to try it. So... I did.

At Caloundra KFC on Australia's Sunshine Coast I ordered my Double. I was given the option of Original or Zinger (spicy) and went for Original.





In KFC's never-let-me-down way, the chips were tasty but cold, and the gravy was scalding hot.

The Double: it was, well, it was really tasty. The Chicken was delicious, if anything maybe a tad too dry. there was bacon and BBQ sauce, and 2 slices of cheese, for a good meat-to-cheese ratio.

It was smaller than I thought it would be, but in saying that, I was full for the rest of the day.

Would I recommend it- yes. Would I have one again- yes. Is $8.25 wayyyy too much to pay for it- yes.

It should be noted this is most definitely a SOMETIMES food!


No comments:

Post a Comment