Monday 13 August 2012

Spicy Veg Stirfry with Crispy Skin Duck.

 This meal was so easy I am almost ashamed to claim any 'making' of it. On the way home from gym I noticed this Crispy Aromatic Half Duck meal thing in the reduced-to-clear of my local Co-Op, and I thought for 3.99 I could work some kind of magic with it. I also had 3/4 of a prepack stirfry pack left in the fridge.

In the pack is a fairly impressive selection (I think at it's rrp of £6.99 it's might be pushing 'good value') a half, ready-to-roast duck, pancakes and Chinese-y bbq sauce.

 Directions said to remove wrapping and put duck in oven... so that's what I did. 30-40 mins on 200 deg, so I had a little sit while that happened and about 25 minutes into the cooking process decided to start on my stiryfry veg. Onions, garlic, chili flakes, cumin and paprika in a pan with rapeseed oil.

 Dump pack of prepared veg in...

 I took the duck out of the oven just after the 30 min mark and allowed to rest. It fell away from the bone and was beautifully succulent.

 Then simply plated the deg and the hand-torn duck and dribbles the packet sauce over the top.




Sooooo easy. Sooooo yum. Soooo spicy (may need to be a little more cautious with the chili flakes next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment