Wednesday 1 September 2021

Bushy Park Roadhouse Burger

So, you know there's those times you just want a burger reminiscent of those your parents used to get you as a kid? Or is that just me?

I have lovely memories of a accompanying my parents to a market or auction and after being very good, getting to share a burger.

This is not your gourmet $25 burger that has become the norm and don't get me wrong, there is a very special place in my heart for a gourmet burger, however sometime I just want a burger a plain old burger.

Our local store, post office (where we collect our mail) and petrol is the Bushy Park Roadhouse and the girls there have just been so welcoming to us since we've moved here, they are the heart of the community they also go a great little take away and today I just felt like a good old burger.

photo courtesy of realestate.com.au

I order a burger with the lot and a small chips.





Although the burger has been in the warmer is still tastes lovely and fresh. I like the way that the burger bun gets soft almost line a bao when it's been in a warmer for a bit. The 'lot' includes a beef patty, cheese, bacon,. egg and BBQ (or tomato as an option) sauce but no salad. It's just... good! It made me very happy. I had the option of chicken salt on my epic crinkle cut chips and I happily took that option. These chips are perfect, just perfect. I had these sitting out on my patio as it the first day of spring and the weather was wonderful.




The craziest part... old fashioned prices... burg and chips, 11.50!

Nice to have a good takeaway so close to home.


Bushy Park Roadhouse

525 Gordon River Rd, Bushy Park TAS 7140

take a left at this sign and head about 500m down the road




No comments:

Post a Comment